European Diploma in Pain Medicine education support bursary
The European Pain Federation EFIC are providing bursaries for 30 participants of the Examination for the European Diploma in Pain Medicine (EDPM).
The bursary will cover the full registration fee of the Examination (including any VAT applicable), meaning participants will only need to cover any travel and accommodation costs.
To apply for a bursary, please contact us with the following:
- Evidence of your medical degree.
- Curriculum Vitae detailing at least three years clinical work in which patients with pain have been assessed and treated.
- Letters of support or endorsement from two referees, for example a head of department, clinical director or senior colleague. This letter should confirm that you are in good standing in your country and department, and involved in seeing and managing patients with pain on a regular basis.
Please send these documents to email@example.com via secure file transfer or email attachment, along with a short letter explaining that you are applying for the bursary. Successful applicants will be asked to supply five case histories in order to sit the examination.
Bursary recipients will be chosen based on;
- Age and career stage, with a focus on early-to-mid career professionals
- Geographical distribution, with the aim to encourage participation from the widest range of countries possible, and to encourage participation from lower income countries. Applicants from EFIC chapter countries will be prioritised.
The European Diploma in Pain Medicine Education Support Bursary is provided through the kind support of Grünenthal GmbH.
The European Pain Federation EFIC organise the Examination independently, including the development and review of content, pedagogy, review of applications, and marking.
Bursary recipients will be chosen by the European Pain Federation EFIC, via consultation with the Examination Committee and the Educational and Financial Support Committee.
The Examination will not necessarily be limited to 30 participants, and self-paying participants are encouraged. EFIC will not discriminate between recipients of bursaries and self-paying participants when administering the Examination.